AMATEUR RADIO LICENSES
∑ Help prepare the scout to fulfill the following merit badge requirements:
- 7.a/1.†† † Describe some of the activities that a licensed amateur radio
† operator can do on the air.
- 7.a.4.a.† Explain some of the requirements for a Technician Class license.
- 7.a.4.b.† Explain some of the privileges a Technician Class licensed radio
† operator has.
- 7.a.4.c.† Explain who gives amateur radio exams.
- 7.a.5.b.† Tell why the Federal Communications Commission has an
† amateur radio service.
∑ Give the scout some other general information about the licensing procedures and privileges.
∑ Merit badge pamphlet pages:† 39-42.
∑ Handouts:† The Amateur Radio Licenses.
∑ Icom band chart.
∑ Now Youíre Talking book and/or other licensing question books.
∑ 8.5X11 blank paper for scouts to use.
∑ Ask questions about the material on the handout and provide additional insight based on your own knowledge.
∑ Use the Icom band chart to illustrate the privileges a licensed operator has, especially the Technician Class operator.
∑ Show Now Youíre Talking book (and/or other books).
∑ Ask if there are any questions about the merit badge pamphlet pages.
Verifying Scouts Have Met the Merit Badge Requirements
∑ Meet with each scout individually so they can present to you the information required to fulfill each of the above merit badge requirements.