AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT AND PROCEDURES
· Prepare the scout to complete the following merit badge requirements:
- 1.e. Explain what phonetics are and how they are used.
- 7.a.3. Explain at least five Q signals or amateur radio terms you hear while
- 7.a.5.a. Explain how you would make an emergency call using voice or Morse
- 7.a.6.a. Discuss handheld transceivers verses home “base” stations.
- 7.a.6.b. Explain the uses of mobile amateur radios.
- 7.a.6.c. Explain the uses of amateur radio repeaters.
· Help firm in the scout’s mind what he has observed in the preceding mini-classes, which were:
- Ham Radio Station Visit
- Preparing to Talk on the Radio
- Radio Contact
· Merit badge pamphlet pages: 44-51.
· Handouts: Several from previous classes.
· 8.5 X 11 blank paper for scouts to use.
Proceed directly to the verifying the scout meets the merit badge requirements.
Verifying the Scouts Have Met the Merit Badge Requirements
· Meet with each scout individually so they can present to you the information required to fulfill each of the above merit badge requirements.